Building Permits

For new construction, you will be required to obtain an electrical permit from the Dade County Commission Office (706-657-4625) and in most cases a septic system permit from the Dade County Health Department (706-657-6181).

State Food Services permitting may also be obtained from the local Public Health Department located in the Administrative Building (downstairs), 71 Case Avenue, Trenton, Georgia 30752. State permits concerning environmental issues may be obtained from the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (770-387-4912).  For all other State license questions contact the Georgia Secretary of State’s Administrative Offices of the Professional Licensing Boards by phone at 478-207-1300 or by fax at 877-588-0446 or via internet here.

This notice is intended to give general information only concerning permits currently required in Dade County, and should not be relied upon for legal advice as to the applicability of any county, state, or federal statute or regulation to your project.  Additionally, nothing in this notice is intended to restrict the County from adopting new or different ordinances or regulations in the future.

For more information about opening a business in Dade County please refer to the Dade County Business Guide available upon request or online at  Thank you for your interest in Dade County. We hope you will find our County to be a great place to live and work. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.