Dade County Transit
Dade County Transit provides safe, reliable, accessible and affordable transportation for residents of Dade County. Transportation is provided for medical appointments, shopping, social activities, educational needs, employment and many other places.
Dade County Transit services all geographic areas of the county and provides wheelchair–accessible service as needed. Anyone requiring non-emergency transportation is eligible to ride Dade County Transit.
Children 5 and under must be in a car-seat and transit does not provide these accommodations. You must be at least 17 years old to ride without a parent.
To request a ride call 706-657-8277 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. You must call 24 hours in advance for next day service. All out of town trips must be reserved at least two days in advance. Spaces may be limited, reservations are required. Fares are collected in cash only.
You must give the dispatcher your name, address, telephone number, date and time of your appointment and the address of your destination. Passengers should be ready 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time and be at a main entrance or curbside if weather permits. The driver is allowed to wait five minutes before proceeding to the next destination.
If a Dade County Transit driver arrives and you are not home or you fail to cancel you become a no-show. You should call the Transit office no later than two hours before your scheduled time to cancel an appointment. Your riding privileges may be suspended for excessive no-shows.
Dade County Transit does not run routes on Saturday or Sundays, and is closed on normal holidays observed by the Dade County Government.
Please observe the following rules:
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not permitted on Transit vehicles.
- Food and beverages may be carried on board only if securely closed in spill-proof containers.
- Seatbelts and child safety seats must be utilized at all times.
- Dade County Transit is not responsible for any items left on the vehicle. Items left behind will be taken to the office.
- Drivers may assist passengers in boarding and disembarking the vehicle or from door to door. Drivers are not allowed to enter homes.
- Pets are not allowed on transit vehicles. Service animals accompanying individuals with disabilities are permitted.
- For the safety of all passengers, wheelchairs must be secured to the vehicle (includes shoulder straps and lap belts).
- Persons using respirators or portable oxygen are allowed to use the service.