When establishing utility services at your new residence, you will probably need water/sewer, electric, natural gas, and waste sanitation services. In Dade County, services available depend upon where you choose to live.

We suggest at least a week or two before you are scheduled to move that you contact companies to either transfer or change service. Most utility companies don’t need much notice for transferring service. However, there could always be potential delays that could leave you scrambling around.

To avoid any stress, don’t wait until the last minute. Some utility companies have specific hours to accept applications and most will not start new service on a weekend or holiday. Additionally, if this is your first time on your own or you are setting up a new account, they may require an application with a deposit. To help alleviate some of the confusion as to who to contact, how to contact them, and what you will need, we’ve included basic information about the various companies available to residents in Dade County.

Power/Electric Service

If a resident lives near or north of Burkhalter Gap Road then power services are provided by EPB of Chattanooga, Tennessee.  For information you may call 423-648-1372 or 1-877-431-9595 or visit the web at www.epb.com.  After you’ve contacted EPB to establish a new account, you will need to come to the Dade County Commission office to apply for a power permit. 

Power service for all other areas of Dade County, Georgia is provided by Georgia Power.  To establish a new power account CLICK HERE or call 1-888-660-5890 .  If you already have an account number needing to make changes to your account services or have a billing/payment questions call 1-800-672-2402 .  After you’ve contacted Georgia Power to establish a new account, then you will come to our office (Dade County Commission) to apply for a power permit. 

For a standard 200 amp service the cost will be $35 ($20 for temporary power to construct a home).  If the new service is for a mobile home then you are required by local ordinance to visit the Dade County Tax Commissioner’s office (Suite 201) and then the Dade County Property Records office (Suite 224) for additional documentation to attach to the power permit application.  All of these offices are located inside the same building on the same floor.  The Dade County Commission office is inside the Dade County Administrative Building located at 71 Case Avenue, Suite 243, Trenton, GA  30752.  If you have any questions you may contact us by calling 706-657-4625 or the Electrical Inspector by calling 423-763-8387. 

A septic permit is required before an electrical permit may be issued as required by State law (please see additional information how to attain a septic permit below).


Dade County does not support a sewer system for residential areas in the unincorporated area of the County.  All areas located outside the city limits of the City of Trenton are required to attain a Septic Tank Permit through the local Board of Health.  For additional information on how to attain a Septic Permit please call 706-657-6181.  The Public Health Department is located inside the Dade County Administrative Building (downstairs) on the first floor located at 71 Case Avenue, Suite 101, Trenton, GA 30752.  A septic permit is required before an electrical permit may be issued as required by State law.

Water in Dade County is supplied by the Dade County Water and Sewer Authority (neither the City nor County owns the water company).  Please contact the Water Authority by calling 706-657-4341 for additional information to establish a new account.  The physical address of the Water Authority is 250 Bond Avenue, Trenton, GA 30752.


As a resident of Dade County (with a Dade County car plate/tag) a citizen may dispose up to eight (8) bags of trash/garbage on a daily basis for free at the Dade County Transfer Station located at 888 Sunset Drive, Trenton, GA  30752.  Scales are open until 4:00 p.m. daily for truckloads of garbage/refuse priced by the ton.  Also, all citizens are encouraged to bring unlimited amounts of recyclables to the Dade County Recycling Center located at the same address.  For additional information on what recycled materials are accepted you may call 706-657-2776.  The Transfer Station and Recycling Center is open Tuesday – Saturday (8AM - 6PM).

Private Garbage Collection providers in Dade County, Georgia include:

  • Valley Garbage Service  - 706-398-3039
  • United Garbage Service - 706-657-7430

Cable Television/Internet/Phone

For Cable Television, internet and phone services please refer to and update accordingly:


Trenton Telephone Company 706-657-4367  http://www.tvn.net/internet/

Charter Spectrum 1-844-878-3121   https://www.spectrum.com/internet-service/georgia/dade-county

AT&T U-verse 1-855-344-9902  https://www.att.com/tv/u-verse.html

EPB Fiber Optic 423-648-1372  https://epb.com/home-store/internet