Dade County Transit
Dade County Transit provides safe, reliable, accessible and affordable transportation for residents of Dade County. Transportation is provided for:
- Educational Needs
- Employment 5-3 (After 3:00 pm Drop Off Only)
- Social Activities and Many Other Places
- Medical Appointments
Dade County Transit services all geographic areas of the county and provides wheelchair-accessible service as needed. Anyone requiring non-emergency transportation is eligible to ride Dade County Transit. Dade County Transit will provide wheelchair accommodation provided the chair does not exceed the following dimensions: 30 inches in width, 48 inches in length and the weight of the chair, when occupied, does not exceed 600 pounds.
Children 5 and under must be in a car-seat and transit does not provide these accommodations. You must be at least 17 years old to ride without a parent.
Request a Ride
To request a ride call 706-657-8277 between the hours of 4:30 am. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You must call 3 days in advance (excluding weekends) for service. All out of town trips must be reserved at least five days in advance (this includes Fort Oglethorpe, Chattanooga and Lookout Valley). Spaces may be limited, reservations are required. Fares are collected in cash or check only. You must give the dispatcher the following:
- Your Name
- Your Home Address
- Your Telephone number
- Doctor's Name
- Doctor's Telephone Number
- Address of Your Destination
- Date and Time of Your Appointment
Passengers should be ready 15 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time and be at a main entrance or curbside if weather permits. The driver is allowed to wait five minutes before proceeding to the next destination. If a Dade County Transit driver arrives and you are not home or you fail to cancel you become a no-show. You should call the Transit office no later than two hours before your scheduled time to cancel an appointment. Your riding privileges may be suspended for excessive no-shows.
Dade County Transit does not run routes on Saturday or Sundays, and is closed on normal holidays observed by the Dade County Government.
Please observe the following rules:
- Dade County Transit is not responsible for any items left on the vehicle. Items left behind will be taken to the office.
- Drivers may assist passengers in boarding and disembarking the vehicle or from door to door. Drivers are not allowed to enter homes.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are not permitted on Transit vehicles.
- Food and beverages may be carried on board only if securely closed in spill-proof containers.
- For the safety of all passengers, wheelchairs must be secured to the vehicle (includes shoulder straps and lap belts).
- Persons using respirators or portable oxygen are allowed to use the service.
- Pets are not allowed on transit vehicles. Service animals accompanying individuals with disabilities are permitted.
- Seat belts and child safety seats must be utilized at all times.
Reasonable Accommodation (Modification of Policies & Practices)
Dade County Transit will make reasonable modifications to policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability or to provide program accessibility to its services, subject to the limitations of Federal Regulations § 37.169(c)(1)-(3). Individuals requesting modifications to Dade County Transit service shall contact the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator and describe what they need in order to use the service. Individuals requesting modifications are not required to use the term "reasonable modification" when making a request.