The County Clerk is the official custodian of county contracts, leases, resolutions and ordinances.
Duties & Responsibilities
Major duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ascertain training schedules for county commissioners, scheduling for same and maintain files to confirm that commissioners have completed state required training courses / hours.
- Ensure that all county ordinances are codified in a timely manner as required by state law. Assure compliance with current open meetings / open records act.
- Obtain signatures on all official documents and distribute to the appropriate personnel.
- Prepare informational notebooks for the commissioners, county manager, and county attorney and media packets for the press. Also, make copies of the agendas to be distributed to the public at the meetings.
- Prepare, then distribute the agendas and attend all commission board meetings.
- Provide the approved minutes to department heads, constitutional officers, and anyone else who requests them.
- Provide requested information regarding records of the board of commissioners as part of public records.
- Record minutes of the board meetings, prepare minutes and distribute draft to the commissioners, county manager and county attorney.
- Other duties as assigned